By Kevin P. McAuliffe (doddleNEWS)
In our last lesson, in our look at learning HitFilm 2017, we talked about our Preferences inside of HitFilm. In this lesson, we’re going to talk about the Viewer Toolbar located to the left of the viewer in the Compositing Module.
The toolbar in HitFilm Pro has six tools located on it. They are:
- The Selection Tool: Used to select and move your element around in the frame
- The Translate Tool: Used to adjust the canvas, when you’ve zoomed in or out of the frame.
- The Text Tool:. Once selected, and you’ve clicked on the canvas, you’ll now be able to create a text bounding box, to place as little or as much text in as you want.
- Rectangular Mask Tool: Used to crate four sided mask elements
- Ellipse Mask Tool: used to create rounded mask elements
- Freehand Mask Tool: Used to create unique mask shapes around objects in your frame.
- Toggle All Render Options (towards the bottom of the window): This is where you can toggle on Motion Blur, Reflections or both.
- Show Motion Paths: You can turn on or off the paths that are displayed, when you animate an element in your canvas.
These simple tools are a great feature to have added on the left of the Viewers, as they are common tools that you will find yourself needing, on a fairly regular basis.
Kevin P. McAuliffe is one of the Senior Editors at Extreme Reach in Toronto, Canada. His current clients include Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros. Pictures, Walt Disney Pictures, and E1 Entertainment, to name a few. You can follow him on Twitter @kpmcauliffe.